Thursday, April 21, 2016

It's now or never

I tried to deny my affinity for these "Tricks" from Prada. I first saw them while in college. I found them cool and quirky. But they were at least $120 (that was in 2010!). My poor college self prevented me from swiping over my visa (plus the cash I had gotten for Christmas). And I thought I was relieved. But little did I know, I'd be haunted for many years.

I looked for alternatives pretty much everywhere. But nothing spoke to me like the original one. In 2014, I found one in Tradesy. It was listed for 60-something-dollars. But I managed to get it for $50. I thought I was done with this impractical fascination. But I was not. . .

Last winter, I saw a limited edition piece at the Prada boutique in Waikiki. I thought it was a cute homage to Edward from Twilight. But I later discovered that its name is actually Vlad ("Edward" the classic one).

Months later, I kept thinking about it. So went back to the said boutique because it was not or never - I'm gonna get it, I told myself. But of course, knowing it was a limited edition piece, I knew it was already gone. And it was! According to the nice Manager, it's completely sold out. Maybe it wasn't meant be? But ah, the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it. . . badly!

I called several Prada stores across the nation. I knew it was already sold out. But as they say, if you want something, you have to be persistent. The fashion gods must have heard my plea; the Bellevue store had the last one in all of United States (although I'm not sure if that's entirely true). Hooray! Finally. I ordered it singlemindedly. Never-mind that it was more than what I would have paid for in Hawaii. Never-mind that I had to pay $20 for a 2-day shipping. Now or Never was the question.

Now, if you ask me, is it worth the price? I can't fully answer that. Cost and worth are two different things. But I'm glad I finally have something that I have been coveting for many years. Truly, if you want to be spontaneous (in whatever way), it's now or never :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment